(also known as Children in the Middle)
We are recognized by the IOWA EIGHTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT for meeting the Co-Parenting and Children in the Middle requirements. (see listing here)
Course Description: You will learn skills to protect your children from emotional harm caused by the common conflicts experienced during divorce and separation. Core Competencies you will learn:
Anger Control: Parents who can control their anger are more likely to engage ex’s in a manner that is most likely to lead to amicable results and limit the effects of the separation on their children.
Respectful Communication: Studies show that effective parenting after divorce is directly related to parents ability to respectfully communicate with one another.
Ending Loyalty Conflicts: Loyalty conflicts cause the most damage to children. We focus on how parents involve their children in these conflicts unintentionally and how to change that.
- Length is 2.5 hours conducted by our licensed professionals
- Seating is limited and is offered on a first come first serve basis
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to start time to finalize registration. Credit will not be given to late arrivals.
- There are no child care services so please do not bring children to class
- You will receive a certificate of completion
- All Classes are held at:
Heartland Training Center
1626 Morgan St, Suite 3
Keokuk, IA 52632
Registration & Fees:
- Early Registration costs $50 per person. You can register & pay online by selecting an available date below or by calling: 319-249-5777
- Registration at the door costs $60 per person IF SEATS ARE AVAILABLE. It is cash only and you must arrive 15 minutes early to register.
Questions: You can contact us below or call 319-249-5777